G Borough 0 Sevenoaks Town 1

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

A stoppage-time own-goal gifted Sevenoaks Town victory to extend their Bostik League South East run to six matches.

Micky Collins’ side have now taken 15 points out of the last possible 18 and put them into into the top-10 for the first time this season.

The clock had ticked well beyond 90 minutes when Oaks launched their last attack, substitute William Johnson-Cole’s close-range effort was blocked by home keeper Tom McGill only for the rebound to bounce off teammate Bennett Oliver and fall over the line.

Johnson-Cole who replaced Frankie Sawyer just before the hour, had earlier hit the post, while Borough also hit the woodwork minutes later as play switched from end-to-end.

Oaks goalkeeper Ben Bridle-Card also pulled off two fine saves late on, earning his second successive league clean-sheet.

Borough created more clear-cut chances in the game, but paid the price for poor finishing highlighted by a touchline on-pitch half-time rant by manager Luke Medley, frustrated by his strikers’ inability to hit the target.

They missed out three times in the opening 25 minutes, as Oaks stayed on level terms before in-form striker Frankie Sawyer spurned a great opportunity to put them in front on the stroke of half-time.

Strike partner Kenny Pogue produced the perfect far post cross from the right, but top scorer Sawyer could only head wide.

Collin made an early switch, sending on Johnson-Cole who went close twice, while Xavier Vidal also saw his effort blocked.

Fellow sub David Smith also went close to breaking the deadlock, as Oaks survived some anxious moments.

The game looked destined for goalless stalemate until Johnson-Cole’s late intervention.

Please reload

Latest News

April 30, 2019

April 24, 2019

April 23, 2019

Please reload


FA Charter Standard Community Club

Legal Name Sevenoaks Town FC Limited

Registered Charity Number: 1137673 | Company Registration Number: 07298016 | Affiliation Number 2019/20:  V-KEN4509