First Team 1 Erith Town 2

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Kenny Pogue suffered a night of mixed fortunes on his home debut as Sevenoaks Town surrendered their unbeaten home record on Tuesday night.


Pogue hit his fourth goal in three games to give Town a half time lead, only to hobble off eight minutes after the break with an ankle injury. He was treated by physio Katie Joynes, before heading straight to the changing room.


Pogue had powered Town in front with a rasping right foot finish after 25 minutes, but was hurt after falling awkwardly close to the by-line, setting up Frankie Sawyer’s  effort which hit the base of the right hand post.


Games are won and lost on fine margins like that - and so it proved here as Erith responded with two goals in four minutes through Osman Proni and Sidney Warden to claim the points.


Erith went into the game on the back of seven successive defeats, but seemed as home on the 3G pitch as they did when they won 3-2  to end Town’s League Cup defence at the first hurdle in October. They also became the first away side to claim maximum league points at The Bourne Stadium since Whitstable Town’s 2-0 win almost 12 months ago to the day.


Erith struck the bar in the opening seconds following a free-kick, and then new signing Steven Ita drilled another effort wide of the far post as Town struggled to clear their lines.


Pogue struck the opener eight minutes later, taking one touch before blasting home an angled drive past Adam Molloy. The keeper then tipped Chris Edwards’ free-kick over the bar.


Erith defender Ben Fitchett headed wide from a free-kick, then right back Lewis Scotter nodded another effort over the bar.


Two minutes after the break, Greg Benbow and Pogue set-up Jason Thompson who fired over, before Andres Tobin went close for the visitors with a left footed strike.


Pogue was then forced off to be replaced by Mark Jones, before Thompson saw his shot deflected for a corner with 20 minutes left.


Town had conceded first half leads in both their last two home games - and it was third time unlucky here. Proni, who scored in the cup defeat earlier in the season levelled things up, and then Warden added a second with another impressive finish soon afterwards.


Jones went down in the box ten minutes from time but Andrea Timpani, a recent addition to the county refereeing ranks, wasn’t impressed, claiming he dived, booking the Welshman.


Tom Ripley pushed up front near the end, headed wide, as Town slipped to only their second league defeat of the season, ending an unbeaten 20-game sequence.

Please reload

Latest News

April 30, 2019

April 24, 2019

April 23, 2019

Please reload


FA Charter Standard Community Club

Legal Name Sevenoaks Town FC Limited

Registered Charity Number: 1137673 | Company Registration Number: 07298016 | Affiliation Number 2019/20:  V-KEN4509