Bearsted 0 First Team 5

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Sevenoaks Town recorded their biggest away league win for more than a year with a strong second half display at Honey Lane on Saturday.


They overcame a poor start to run out comfortable winners, continuing their winning start to a busy February. Goals by Jason Thompson, substitute Frankie Sawyer and new signing Kenny Pogue, his third goal in two games since moving from Hastings, all in the space of 16 minutes in the second half did the damage.


The win helped leaders Town top the 50-point mark for the season, three ahead of Beckenham Town with two games in hand. Byron Walker put them in front midway in the the first half, before another sub Mark Jones added the fifth in stoppage-time.


Town recovered from a nervy start as Bears went close twice in the opening two minutes. They eventually settled with Tom Youngs, Pogue and Thompson all having chances, before Walker put them in front after 19 minutes. He forced home Harrison Carnegie’s cross at the far post, referee Zoltan Konkoly confirming the ball had crossed the line, despite Bearsted claiming it hadn’t.


Two minutes later, Pogue almost doubled the lead, heading Ben Wilson’s free-kick against the bar. Bears went close again twice just before half-time - Cameron Croucher passed the ball wide of the far post from inside the area, before Reece Collins was denied by a superb goal-saving challenge by Miles.


Town doubled the lead seven minutes after the break, Carnegie again involved with neat footwork, setting up Thompson for a near post finish, his third in four games. Goalkeeper Jack Bradshaw was forced to push Ryan Croucher’s effort for a corner, before boss Micky Collins sent on both Greg Benbow and Sawyer and the switch paid immediate dividends.


Sawyer had only been on the field three minutes when he tucked home new-boy Wilson’s cross, following a great run down the left. Benbow then played his part in the fourth two minutes later, seizing on a defensive error on the edge of the box before putting Thompson in to set-up Pogue to fire home.


Bradshaw made two more saves before Jones, on for Pogue, rounded things off, scoring after Sawyer’s shot was pushed into his path by Bears' goalkeeper Scott Andrews.

Please reload

Latest News

April 30, 2019

April 24, 2019

April 23, 2019

Please reload


FA Charter Standard Community Club

Legal Name Sevenoaks Town FC Limited

Registered Charity Number: 1137673 | Company Registration Number: 07298016 | Affiliation Number 2019/20:  V-KEN4509