Powerchair Review

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Last weekend Sevenoaks Powerchair Football Club took part in Round 3 of the WFA Muscular Dystrophy Championship division, competing in their final fixtures of 2017.


For the first time this season Oaks travelled with a fully fit squad, welcoming back England international Kyle Alexander, who had recovered from his summer back surgery. This has given the entire squad a lift, both on and off the pitch.


Saturday morning saw Sevenoaks face East Riding Eels and with their confidence high, the squad produced their best performance of the season to date. The team were 2-0 up at half time, both penalties, dispatched by the returning Alexander. 


He completed his hat-trick shortly after the break. Myles Miller played a great ball from the sideline into space near the edge of the penalty area for Alexander who reversed and slotted the ball into the far post. Miller then got on the scoresheet himself, scoring his own hat-trick and Shaye Reid-Watson added another to complete a 7-0 victory.


Middlesbrough Reserves were the team's Saturday afternoon opponents. Again Oaks were 2-0 up at half time courtesy of strikes from Miller and Reid-Watson, who poked home on the line from Miller’s original shot with only seconds left of the first period. Sevenoaks made it 3-0 two minutes into the second half. Miller took a quick corner to Reid-Watson who played back to him for a simple finish and 3 points. 


Sunday morning saw the most anticipated game of the season so far, against league leaders Leeds PFC. Both teams, to their credit, were positive with their play in an open game. Leeds started brightly with Sevenoaks growing into the half as time went on.


Sevenoaks had a couple of great chances; Alexander shot inches wide and Miller should have scored a few minutes later. Alexander passed wide to Reid-Watson, who then played an excellent ball across the edge of the penalty area with the goal gaping at the back post. Miller hesitated and couldn’t get a final touch. Leeds had a glorious chance near to half time, switching play from one side to the other their firmly struck effort ricochets off both Alexander and keeper Dan Stevens, fortune favoured the Oaks on that occasion and the ball was cleared.


Leeds started the second half on top with early possession some half chances. Sevenoaks settled and had chance of their own again, however they were let down by poor passing accuracy and mistimed shots. Miller thought he had won the game with thirty seconds remaining, bundling in at the near post, however the referee had already blown for a Leeds foul, meaning play was taken back. The game finished 0-0 and Sevenoaks will relish playing Leeds again in May - potentially a winner takes all fixture. 


Sevenoaks rounded off their weekend with a 5-0 victory against Rotherham Wheelchair Wasps. Youngster Harry Bestwick scored his first national league goals, bagging four in the process! Alexander scored the fifth to complete a great weekend and conclusion to 2017. 


Oaks remain in second place in the table, with eleven wins and two draws from their thirteen games, two points behind Leeds. Sevenoaks now focus on regional league commitments and their upcoming WFA cup match in January away to Reading before returning to Nottingham in March.

Please reload

Latest News

April 30, 2019

April 24, 2019

April 23, 2019

Please reload


FA Charter Standard Community Club

Legal Name Sevenoaks Town FC Limited

Registered Charity Number: 1137673 | Company Registration Number: 07298016 | Affiliation Number 2019/20:  V-KEN4509