Wandle Wanderers 2 U14's Tandridge 4

Sunday, November 12, 2017

The U14's Tandridge team turned in their best performance of the season to sweep aside Wandle on Sunday morning.


After a nicely observed minutes' silence the action started straightaway. Sevenoaks took the lead with their first attack in the opening minute. Brandon Parsons was fouled on the edge of the box in a most perfect position for a free-kick. He wasn’t going to waste this and with a mass of players lurking in the box he simply lifted it up and over the despairing grasp of the goalkeeper. What a start for the visitors. This piece of skill set the tone for the game and Sevenoaks were mostly in control from beginning to end.


All the play was in the home sides' half for the first 20 minutes and they created a number of chances, but when the second came it was well worth the wait. Parsons again was involved as his perfectly judged corner floated temptingly into the box. It came to Joe Ashton who met it superbly and volleyed it into the back of the net. 


Wandle woke up after this and began to play better. They had a few chances but most were dealt with by Sevenoaks’s solid defensive line. The home team’s chances improved when Arran Donald had to come off owing to a cut to his face but they coped well for five minutes but a quick ball forward to their striker and a missed tackle allowed them to deservedly narrow the deficit. 


A couple of minutes later the gap was two again, Parsons reacted first to a loose ball to grab his second goal of the game and that is how the first half ended. An entertaining 35 minutes of open play.


Wandle clearly had a stern talking too during the interval as they came out of the traps at full speed and really took the game to the away side. For the first time Sevenoaks were on the back foot and they had their chances but poor finishing kept the score at 3-1. The Blues began to push them back and re-exert their previous control so it was quite a surprise when Wandle scored their second following the breakdown of a Sevenoaks attack. This give the hosts some impetus but Sevenoaks did not panic despite some concerted pressure, calm play by the back four enabled them to hold on. 


With 15 minutes to go, Sevenoaks scored again. The impressive Parsons burst down the left and drove into the box. He went down under pressure and whilst everyone else was waiting for the referee to award a penalty, Joe Ryder was on hand to knock the ball over the line. 


This appeared to secure the win but Wandle didn’t give up. They went for it and looked dangerous on the break, perhaps Sevenoaks were guilty of defending too high up the pitch. They spurned two or three superb chances but the away team’s luck held and they could have added to their score as well in the final 10 minutes.


The referee blew his whistle to bring to an end a highly entertaining game and Sevenoaks continued their four game unbeaten run with a well deserved win against a strong side.

Please reload

Latest News

April 30, 2019

April 24, 2019

April 23, 2019

Please reload


FA Charter Standard Community Club

Legal Name Sevenoaks Town FC Limited

Registered Charity Number: 1137673 | Company Registration Number: 07298016 | Affiliation Number 2019/20:  V-KEN4509