First Team 3 Bearsted 2

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Harrison Carnegie's 90th minute winner earned Sevenoaks Town their fifth successive victory in exciting fashion at Greatness Park on Saturday.


Pegged back twice by battling Bearsted, the Maidstone villagers looked like taking away a point until Carnegie struck, cutting in from the right, running across the face of the 18-yard box, before scoring with a left foot finish.


The Town match-winner earned himself a booking for removing his shirt as team-mates and management joined in the celebrations for Town's fourth Southern Counties East Football League Premier Division home win of the season.


Earlier Carnegie had Town's first shot of the game seeing it blocked inside the area, before Oshane Brown saved well from Bearsted right back Sam Flisher at his near post.


Town went in front two minutes later, Jimmy Rogers starting the move that finished with Kieron McCann's curling finish into the far corner.


Bearsted got back on level terms after 17 minutes when Town were caught out by a ball in from the right, striker Andy Irvine rising between Chris Edwards and Tom Ripley to see his header hit the far post, then bounce off Brown into the net.


Bearsted's Brad Webb fired just wide before Mikey Dalton saw his effort pushed away by visiting goalkeeper Scott Andrews.


Boss Micky Collins admitted he had a "bit of a rant" at his players during the half-time interval and seemed to send them out early for the second half.


Seven minutes after the restart Town went in front again, Billy Bennett's fierce close-range strike bulging the net for his fourth goal in six games. However, the lead lasted only two minutes when Webb bundled home to make it 2-2.


McCann went close to getting his second of the game, before Ripley saw his shot blocked, also picking up a bloody nose for his troubles in only his second game after a long injury lay-off.


Town launched attack after attack in the closing stages - but there was little end product - substitute Andy Constable - who replaced Byron Walker with 17 minutes left - heading straight at Andrews with four minutes left.


It looked like Town's last chance of a winner had gone until, with the clock ticking towards stoppage-time, Carnegie popped up with his late and vital intervention.


However, there was still time for Irvine, a former FA Vase finalist with Tunbridge Wells, to fire over the bar with almost the last kick of the game.

Please reload

Latest News

April 30, 2019

April 24, 2019

April 23, 2019

Please reload


FA Charter Standard Community Club

Legal Name Sevenoaks Town FC Limited

Registered Charity Number: 1137673 | Company Registration Number: 07298016 | Affiliation Number 2019/20:  V-KEN4509