First Team 7 Beckenham Town 1

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Micky Collins has waited a long time to see his team "fill their boots" this season.


The Town boss has been frustrated by a lack of goals and poor home form, but it all came good with four in the final twelve minutes as Town completed their biggest ever win in senior football.


Jack Miles' first for the club in only the second minute set the tone for the afternoon, but it wasn't until Adam Marsh and an own goal made it 3-0 just before the hour, that Town could contemplate the prospect of a third home win of the season, and the first since November.


Steve Camacho added the fourth, substitute Michael Fahm grabbed a quick-fire double, only for Jamie Turner to pull one back for Beckenham.


However Joe Bingham made it three in the three games, with the seventh just before the end.


Four players, goalkeeper Ben Bridle-Card, defender Craig Lawrence, Bingham and Chinadu McKenzie all made their home debuts, but Joe Fuller missed out with a hamstring injury.


Beckenham arrived without their 24-goal striker Jamie Humphries who pulled out in the morning after picking up a knock against Fisher in midweek.  


A minute's silence was held before the game  in memory of the club's former gateman Harry Walker who died recently.


Miles gave Town the perfect start getting the final touch on Chris Edwards' corner to give Town an early lead.


Aziz Kanu fired into the side netting and Frankie Warren drove inches wide as Beckenham went close twice in the first half. Both sides made enforced changes at half-time.


Jon Lord replaced Tom Mendiitta who picked up a back injury, while James Marshall took over from defender Gassimo Jalloh who injured his knee.


McKenzie fired over the bar soon after the restart, before Marsh doubled the lead twelve minutes after the break with a neat lob over keeper Lewis Moore.


Town made it three a minute later, Edwards' corner diverted into his own net by a defender.


McKenzie then saw his effort pushed away for a corner, before being replaced by Fahm who made an immediate impact.


He set-up Camacho to make it 4-0 - his first of the season, then scored twice himself. The first came when he fired home after Gary Stock's effort came back off a post, and then added the sixth three minutes later.


Turner headed home Beckenham's consolation before Bingham fired home the seventh with a low effort, maintaining his goal a game record since arriving at the club.

Please reload

Latest News

April 30, 2019

April 24, 2019

April 23, 2019

Please reload


FA Charter Standard Community Club

Legal Name Sevenoaks Town FC Limited

Registered Charity Number: 1137673 | Company Registration Number: 07298016 | Affiliation Number 2019/20:  V-KEN4509