U16's KYL 2 West Wickham 0

Sunday, November 1, 2015

The U16’s KYL team welcomed West Wickham FC to the fortress Greatness Park, in the Causeway Steel Challenge Cup.


West Wickham started the game in a buoyant mood, having not lost in their last three matches. However, the Oaks are strong at home and are still to concede a goal in open play. 


The game commenced with West Wickham being a little quicker to the ball and trying to take control of the centre of the park. Our boys started slowly and we were wondering if any late night trick or treating was having an effect. However, as the minutes rolled by, we began to take a foot hold in the game. 


Oaks broke forward in the 27th minute with Steve McCarthy dispossessing his opponent and playing the ball to Freddie Sullivan who squared his pass to Callum Strachan.  Strachan dispatched a fierce first time drive from the edge of the penalty area, which nestled in the left hand corner of the net. 1-0


Then in the 35th minute, Steve McCarthy played in the all action Charlie Watkins, who drove into the opponents penalty box, before cutting the ball back to the whippet Chris Giovagnoli . Whilst the defender was deciding how best to clear the ball, Giovagnoli slotted home his second goal of the season. 2-0


Oaks had taken control of the game with some slick passing and movement, which had been missing earlier. A fine five man move, saw McCarthy break through the West Wickham defence only to be thwarted by a fine save by their goalkeeper.


Whilst we waited for the second half to commence, a thick fog descended across the pitch. Steve Della Valle was entertaining the crowd with his impression of Michael Jackson in the Thriller video, when we suddenly saw the changing room door open and through the mist and fog; we saw our very own Beast and Wolfe walking back onto the pitch.


The second half commenced with our boys taking the game to our opponents. The West Wickham keeper made several crucial saves to keep the score at a respectable 2-0. Oaks attacked down both flanks and for vast periods of the game kept our opponents pinned in their own half. 


On the 75th minute, West Wickham had their first shot of the game. This was met by some great banter and clapping by our opponent’s parents and friends. However they were only going to be treated to one more shot, which our goalkeeper Harry (the cat) Earls easily saved.


It was good to see Darren Cooper and Max Della Valle given some game time, as they recover from their respective injuries. We were also treated to a solid debut from our new boy George. All in all it was a good home win for Toby and the boys. We face Bridon Ropes FC in the next round.

Please reload

Latest News

April 30, 2019

April 24, 2019

April 23, 2019

Please reload


FA Charter Standard Community Club

Legal Name Sevenoaks Town FC Limited

Registered Charity Number: 1137673 | Company Registration Number: 07298016 | Affiliation Number 2019/20:  V-KEN4509