U12's Tandridge 2 Langton Green 4

Sunday, October 4, 2015

The first home game of the season. The weather was great and the pitch was in an immaculate state. Langton Green Giants, a team we have faced before, and looking at their results of the last two games against some strong teams Sevenoaks started today probably as underdogs.


The first couple of minutes was pretty equal, if any, Sevenoaks created a few chances with some shots from Eddie and Archie on goal. On the other side of the pitch our boys were challenged as well but no real danger up to that point. 


It was in the 26th minute when Alex received the ball in his own half. He was immediately challenged by several defenders but strong as ever Alex saw the space created by Eddie on the left side. Eddie took the ball a bit closer to the goal and from a good distance fired the ball in the high far right corner of the Langton Green goal. 1-0.


The Giants responded straight away and in the last minute of the first half they had their best chances so far. A shot on goal was saved by Danny and another shot on goal touched the bar. 


1-0 up at half time was certainly deserved. Sevenoaks played the better football and we clearly saw the boys putting the training sessions into practice in a 'real' game. 


Straight from the start Sevenoaks found their rhythm again and in the 8th minute a corner taken by Will fell after some chaotic defending in front of Harry's foot. His shot was impossible to save. 2-0.


A dream start to say the least. Unfortunately only one minute later after some sloppy defending  Langton Green took revenge and from a very difficult angle their striker managed to slot it between the posts. 2-1. 


Sevenoaks felt the pressure and started to play with needless fear. More mistakes were made and the ball was lost far too many times. Our defenders needed to work very hard and Danny made some great saves. However in the 20th minute we conceded the equaliser. From a corner the ball was superbly headed in at the far post. 2-2.  


At this moment in time we probably would have taken a draw. However, tiredness crept in and the Giants kept their focus. In the 29th minute a Langton Green free kick was awarded just on the edge of the penalty box. Danny once more avoided more misery but the ball found one of the Giants midfielder players. He tried his luck with a shot on goal. Danny was a bit too far from his goal line and the ball flew just over him in the Sevenoaks net. 2-3. 


Only a few more minutes on the clock and despite good efforts from all, James tried to clear the ball in front of goal but unfortunately it landed in our own goal. 2-4. 


Despite the compliments from our opponents, we could not hide our disappointment, but this is football!

Please reload

Latest News

April 30, 2019

April 24, 2019

April 23, 2019

Please reload


FA Charter Standard Community Club

Legal Name Sevenoaks Town FC Limited

Registered Charity Number: 1137673 | Company Registration Number: 07298016 | Affiliation Number 2019/20:  V-KEN4509